Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Frozen Bananas

One of my constant challenges is serving snacks to the kids in my program that are both healthy and fun.

Today was a win!

Answer?

It's in the title! Frozen bananas...
All you must do is cut the banana in half (do not peel).  Stick a popsicle stick inside, and then unpeel the banana halves.  Place them in the freezer until frozen and until you are ready to enjoy them. The frozen bananas are delicious by themselves, but you can dip them in melted chocolate and then roll them in your favorite goodies (nuts, sprinkles, coconut, etc).  I decided to just drizzle a little chocolate syrup over the top because I do not have a double broiler to melt chocolate - and the microwave has never worked well for me in that area.

The kids loved the snack - and I did too. I was happy they ate their fruit, and they were happy it was decorated, they were able to choose their sprinkles of choice, and it was fun to eat.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry 4 my bad inglish... but i really like the idea of the frozen bananas, im working in a charity house and im going to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a frozen banana tastes like vanilla ice cream...

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments? Have your own ideas?