Monday, October 18, 2010

What is you favorite food?

Recently, I have found that my favorite food is one that I can alter to my mood and be most creative with, but one that does not take a lot of time and energy to make if I can't give it.  It can also be made healthy and can use a variety of ingredients.

What am I talking about?

Pizza!

So many options!
The crust: store-bought wheat or regular, pieces of bread that you can toast first to make mini pizzas, bagels, flatbread, large tortillas toasted, or your own from scratch. What else could you use?

Sauce: Some of many include: tomato, pesto, garlic cream, or even barbecue sauce.

Toppings: Anything goes - even potatoes (if you pair it with pesto and rosemary).  My favorite toppings are artichokes, mushrooms, and spinach.  If I want salmon, I pair it with red onion and barbecue sauce.  Make sure you cook your toppings separately first if your crust is already cooked. Then top them on and cover with...

Cheese: mozarella always works, but mixing cheeses is fine too.  I like mozarella and parmesan, and sometimes a little goat cheese.

Unleash your creative pizza-maker-self!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comments? Have your own ideas?