Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My first Artsy post - for a healthy imagination

Last Tuesday I sprained my ankle, and even though I'm not my usual mobile self, I haven't felt this creatively inspired for a while.  I decided I would make myself feel better by first, cleaning out or organizing something, and second, by creating something. 

#1: Sorted through three boxes of old greeting cards and letters.  I chose the pretty, the meaningful, the colorful, etc.  I recycled the ones I didn't want to keep.


#2: The ones that I liked, I cut out certain personal phrases, letters, sayings, and decorated a box and a small wooden shelf with the collage pieces.

Once you are down gluing the pieces on, put a layer of "Modpodge" to seal it, or some other type of finishing product. Now, you have cleaned out some space in you closet...and you can read your favorite cards without searching for them.