Friday, August 13, 2010

Old and New Part II

I love the combination of new and old. New to me, but old to someone else.  This has multiple meanings for me.  One: I take pride in learning about my family's history (wrote a story about my dad's immigration).  Two:  I enjoy learning about heirlooms.  Three:  Searching for antiques or other interesting vintage items has become very enjoyable to me for the past few years (partly because of my mom's interest).  I'm not into everything vintage, but I do enjoy certain kinds. 


This is an antique suitcase I found at an antique shop in Auburn while on an exploration day with my mom.  It was probably from the 1940s or 50s, because there are some old luggage tags and stickers that were dated from the early 50s. The woman who sold it to me said that the lady who sold it to her shop said it belonged to her father. I fell in love with this thing - partly because it still has its lock and key! (I also love old locks and keys.) I'm not sure what treasures I will keep inside, but for now it is holding things from my own travels: postcards, maps, travel journals, etc.

What does this have to do with "Think in the Pink?"

Good question.